Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Out and About: Antique Stores in Statham, Georgia

Last summer I took the backroads between appointments (somewhat intentionally). While trying to make my way to Bogart, I stumbled upon the charming town of Statham. Not having time to stop, I decided to try and visit the antique shops along the highway another time. Recently, two people have raved about Factory Antiques, so I decided it was time!


Well, I am sorry I waited so long!  What a great shop.  Part of the Georgia Antique Trail, Factory Antiques has 14,000 square feet and 50 booths.   They have an impressive variety of merchandise.  We spotted many sold signs throughout the store - inventory turns fast so be sure to snag any items you really want.
Here are a few items my intern picked up.  I had a plant mister very similar to this in college - guess it would be vintage now!
 Second floor treasures

Great storage piece





Lots of great architectural salvage



Wouldn't she be fun to dress for the holidays?
Great prices on painted furniture
Down the street is another great little shop called Rewind.  Only open on Friday and Saturday, they had a great mix of furniture, art and accessories.
Susan picked up this great chair for her loft for only $60.  The painted wood and piping detail really update this traditonal chair.
Looks great with her Ava desk from Pottery Barn!
Along the Tracks antiques is located in the old train station.  Unfortunately, my memory card was full by the time we got here so not many pictures.  (Plus I get so involved looking for treasures, I forget to take pictures!)
Susan did snap this picture of the great vintage bikes hanging in the back of the shop.
 
Statham has a free "garage sale" every Saturday where anyone can set up in the parking lot.  Starting in May, they also host a farmer's market each Saturday.  Definitely worth the drive!
 
Coming soon:  Pictures of my finds!
 
Wendy

 





No comments:

Post a Comment