Saturday, April 27, 2013

While Emily Naps: Pinwheels, Pinwheels spinning Around!





Two days a week, I am lucky to be the Nanny to my sweet granddaughter, Emily.  She keeps me hopping when she is awake!
However, Emily still takes several naps a day so while she sleeps, I don other hats.  This past week it was party planner.  Ashley and her friends were hosting a Pin Wheel themed baby shower for one of their dear friends, so while Emily napped I made pinwheels!
 As always, Pinterest provided an abundance of inspiration.  Using the directions on Neverland Nook Blog I began constructing dozens of pinwheels for a wreath and several banners.  Luckily, I had lots of navy and green scrapbook paper in my stash.
The actual construction is very easy, I am sure many of us made these in grade school:  Cut out a square, fold in half from corner to corner, cut along fold line almost to the center, fold corners in and secure!  See detailed directions at Neverland Nook.
 I used ball head straight pins to secure the center of the pinwheels for the wreath.  Cute little button brads secured the pinwheels for the banners.  To keep the pinwheels secure, I hot glued a bead to the back. 
Using a Styrofoam wreath form, I continued making pinwheels until the wreath was full.  The straight pins allowed me to move them around until I was happy with the color arrangement.
I decided to wrap the form with fabric as you could see the Styrofoam on the sides and between the pinwheels.  Luckily, I just happened to have a green mini dot in my studio.  I simply tore strips about an inch and a half wide, wrapped them around the wreath and secured the end with another straight pin.
 The wreath welcomed guests and set the theme for the shower.
Additional larger pinwheels were strung on twine to festoon the entry table that was decorated with baby pictures of the parents-to-be and a keepsake album made by one of the hostesses.


 One of the other hostesses made an assortment of pinwheels on sticks that adorned the flower arrangements - beautiful azaleas from the yard.

 The game
 And of course the cake!
Love how this gorgeous group of girls took one simple design element and by using it in mass, created a show stopping shower!  For more details, check out An Inviting Abode.


 Have a wonderful weekend!

Wendy








No comments:

Post a Comment